Senate Engineering Company was established in 1970 to provide engineering services in southwestern Pennsylvania. Senate has evolved into a leading provider to local governments and authorities, as well as, private, commercial, and industrial clients. The firm has experienced steady growth, adding related services, expanding the client base and increasing the geographical area served.
Headquartered in southwestern, Pennsylvania (Harmar, PA), Senate added branch offices in Washington, PA in 1995; Kittanning, PA in 2001; and City of McKeesport in 2006. More than 50 cities, boroughs, townships and authorities currently retain Senate Engineering Company as their consulting engineer. We also provide services to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers and numerous private, commercial and industrial clients.
With a staff of registered engineers, NICET inspectors, landscape architects, registered land surveyors, and GIS professionals; Senate has the diversity and expertise to meet our client’s needs. Our work history clearly indicates that we are highly experienced in a variety of engineering specialties. We can supply you with services including comprehensive planning, surveying, mapping, geographic information systems, design, and site inspection, environmental and project management. Senate's most recent Dun and Bradstreet report shows a clear financial history and strong financial capability. Senate consistently provides the highest quality professional services, at a reasonable cost, and on a schedule designed to meet our client’s requirements.
Senate is an active member of many professional organizations including Consulting Engineers Council of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Rural Water Association, and the Society of American Military Engineers.
Senate’s President, Mr. Gordon T. Taylor is responsible for the overall administrative, financial, marketing and quality management functions of the firm. His thirty years of experience within the regulatory, consulting and industrial sectors provides a solid foundation for his role as a Principal in the firm.
Mr. Taylor has over twenty five years of civil/environmental project and project management experience within the regulatory, consulting and industrial corporation sectors. This experience includes oversight and participation roles as a regulator; conceptualization, estimating, grant writing, scheduling, design, procurement and surveillance of civil/environmental and public works projects as a consultant and; managing civil/environmental projects for a major corporation from establishment of project goals through the investigative, design, construction and O&M phases. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Development of civil/environmental project goals and procedures to complete projects within budgetary and scheduling constraints;
- Management of in-house staff, consultants and contractors;
- Development of budgets, schedules and contract documents;
- Procurement of access agreements and permits;
- Design of water and wastewater treatment systems, solid and hazardous waste management facilities and erosion and sedimentation control facilities;
- Project quality management; and
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies and third parties and presentations for public awareness and participation forums.
As Vice President of Senate Engineering Company, Mr. Michael Malak is responsible for corporate development activities as well as the day to day operation of the company, including scheduling of projects and personnel and quality review of all work. His 10 years of experience as a municipal engineer includes a strong background in water/wastewater treatment applications, waterline and sanitary sewer design. Mr. Malak has a B.S. degree in Environmental Science from St. Francis College and a M.S. Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering from West Virginia University.
- Registered Professional Engineers
- Professional Land Surveyors
- Registered Landscape Architects
- Certified Construction Inspectors (NICET)
- Federally Certified Bridge Inspectors
- 2 ESRI ArcView 10.1 work stations, 1 ArcInfo work station
- 2 Hewlett-Packard Wide Format, Professional Printer/Plotters for printing GIS, maps, aerial photographs, CAD drawings & renderings
- Automated Billing, Cost and Schedule Control
- Office Wide Local Area Network
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting: Multiple CADD Stations running Auto CAD and Microstation
- Softdeck Civil/Survey Packages
- Intergraph Microstation
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Survey Equipment
- Electronic Distance Measurements
- Robotic Data Collectors
As Senate continues to grow, we are dedicated to attaining and exceeding our client’s expectations and goals.