Richard D. Barnett, P.E.
EDUCATION: University of Alaska, Anchorage
B.S. Civil Engineering 1985
M.S. Environmental Engineering, 1991
REGISTRATION: Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania and Ohio
Mr. Barnett is responsible for a variety of municipal engineering services with an emphasis on water/wastewater projects from planning through construction. He has over 25 years of engineering experience and serves as a client manager for several key clients providing engineering consultation, construction management, and permitting services.
As a senior project engineer, Mr. Barnett has prepared applications, produced reports and studies, developed construction plans and specifications, and obtained approval for water and wastewater treatment pumping, collection/distribution, and storage projects including environmental permitting required for work in rivers and streams. This experience includes project management, design, technical reviews, client relations, coordination with government agencies and departments, and attendance at public meetings. A sample of Mr. Barnett’s recent wastewater projects includes:
- New 10.0 mgd Pump Station at Buena Vista, Allegheny County. Facility includes dry and wet weather pumps, odor control, screening and grit removal.
- Upgrade of 4.5 mgd Pump Station at Boston, Allegheny County to include (3) 100-Hp pumps and natural gas generator.
- New 52,300 LF dual force main (12″ and 24″ diameter) to convey flows of up to 14.5 mgd from 2 pump stations to treatment facility.
- Hydraulic evaluations of pumping and force main systems using EPANet software.
- Sewage treatment plant design and upgrades including liquid processes and solids handling.