Gordon T. Taylor
Principal / President
EDUCATION: Pennsylvania State University, B.S. Civil Engineering 1981
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: American Society of Civil Engineers
As President, Mr. Taylor is responsible for the overall administrative, financial, marketing and quality management functions of the firm. His thirty years of experience within the regulatory, consulting and industrial sectors provides a solid foundation for his role as a Principal in the firm.
Mr. Taylor has over thirty years of civil/environmental project and project management experience within the regulatory, consulting and industrial sectors. This experience includes employment as a regulator with the Allegheny County Health Department; conceptualization, estimating, grant writing, scheduling, design, procurement and surveillance of civil/environmental and public works projects while employed with two Consulting Engineering firms and; managing civil/environmental projects for Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Law and Environmental Affairs Division, from establishment of project goals through the investigative, design, construction and O&M phases. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Development of civil/environmental project goals and procedures to complete projects within budgetary and scheduling constraints,
- Management of in-house staff, consultants and contractors,
- Development of budgets, schedules and contract documents,
- Procurement of access agreements and permits,
- Design of water and wastewater treatment systems, solid and hazardous waste management facilities and erosion and sedimentation control facilities,
- Project quality management,
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies and third parties and presentations for public awareness and participation forums.